- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Leveraging Mobile Devices for Continuing Medical Education
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Director Enterprise Sales
Medical training and continuing education that qualifies for American Medical Association (AMA) CME credits is traditionally done via classroom, online, and one-to-one training. However, these modalities have not kept pace with the technologies used by today’s medical professionals. More and more, medical organizations are confronting the challenge of producing AMA-compliant education and training that leverages the mobile technology of today.
In this session you will explore a case study from Infirmary Health in which over 750 physicians and students needed to be trained in five weeks, with a design and development timeframe of only 10 weeks. You will explore the reasoning behind the decision to make this training available on mobile devices, specifically tablets. You will discover how the training was designed to fit into the fast-paced environment the physicians work in. You will discuss the obstacles encountered during the project and how they were overcome.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why Infirmary Health chose to use tablets for this project
- What obstacles were encountered during the project and how they were overcome
- How stakeholder approval was maintained
- What might be done differently based upon the lessons learned
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Mobile technology, tablets.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)