- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
EPUB 3 and the xAPI: An Open Platform for Activity-based Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative
IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee
The IEEE Actionable Data Book project is currently investigating open technologies compatible with the Open Stand Initiative. The goal is to define an open platform for mobile learning that is personalized, activity-based, and that has the potential for low-cost global adoption. The technical foundation for the project is the new EPUB 3 format for digital publications developed by the IDPF. It provides a framework for the structuring, packaging and mobile delivery of accessible HTML5 content.
In this session participants will explore a use case that leverages EPUB 3 as an open platform for mobile learning. You will learn from a collaboration with a new UNESCO World Heritage Site in Indonesia on a problem that relates mobile learning, tourism, indigenous culture, and rice production. You will discuss how this project incorporates Experience API, developed by the US Department of Defense Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative as an appropriate communication technology and possible candidate for standardization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to leverage the lessons learned from the IEEE Actionable Data Book project
- The basics of EPUB 3 and what it offers to mobile learning developers
- Examples of EPUB 3 and existing templates that you can reuse for publishing eBook content
- How xAPI can be combined with EPUB 3 to capture learner activities within an eBook experience
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)