- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Before and After: Leveraging Mobile to Improve Learning Transfer
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Chris Van Wingerden
VP Learning Solutions
Have you ever tested spaghetti to see if it’s cooked by throwing it against a wall? That’s how too many organizations now approach their training programs—throwing standalone eLearning or face-to-face courses at their staff, hoping the learning will stick. There are things we can do to increase the odds of making learning stick by augmenting standalone courses. Many of these strategies are easy to implement and are very suited to mLearning approaches, giving us a whole new set of tools to improve the effectiveness of learning events.
In this session participants will receive an overview of what pre- and post-event learning transfer activities are and what research tells us about their effectiveness. You will also discuss strategies for including these activities in the planning and design of your learning programs, and how to identify ways to take advantage of mobile devices for delivering effective pre- and post-event learning activities.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to recognize what pre- and post-event learning activities are
- What the research tells us about the effectiveness of pre- and post-event learning activities
- How to integrate pre- and post-event learning activities into the planning and design of your learning programs
- How to identify ways to take advantage of mobile devices for delivering effective pre- and post-event learning activities.
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
HTML5, several smartphone and tablet devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager