- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Importance of Language on a Tiny Screen
mLearnCon 2014 - June 26, 2014
The space restrictions on mobile devices and the increasing demand for translated content by global users makes every word we put on a screen count. Choosing the wrong words can define the difference between a successful product and a failure.
In this session you will explore how the language we use when addressing mobile users impacts both their ability to understand it and their level of engagement with the content. You will learn what to consider and look for when planning to expand your offer into additional markets, countries, platforms, and languages. You will explore how your eLearning content needs to be adapted for other countries, how to decide what works best for mobile, text, and video, and what steps are required to translate content into a new language. You will leave this session understanding why adapting or redesigning content specifically for mobile platforms is an invaluable investment that could raise your results off the chart.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to address your mobile audience in the best possible way by using the right language
- What it takes to translate mobile eLearning content into multiple languages
- How to build eLearning content that works across mobile platforms
- How to track and measure user adoption
- How to combine text and video to achieve the best user experience
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
iOS and Android, marketing automation, and CMS databases.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager