- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Spaced Learning and Mobile: Making Content Sticky
mLearnCon 2014 - June 26, 2014
Senior Project Manager
In a fast-paced environment with lots of information flying at learners, it’s difficult to retain information. Forgetting often begins as soon as learning ends, leaving you hoping that the learner retains as much as they can. Learning professionals need to find ways to bridge this gap, and mobile technology provides us with an opportunity to do so.
In this session participants will discuss how mobile technology and spaced learning can be used together to break the forgetting curve and help to increase knowledge retention. You’ll explore the spacing effect, and what types of mobile deliverables will best support knowledge retention. You will discover when learning modules should be delivered, and more importantly, how they should be delivered. You will leave this session with an understanding of the spacing effect and be able to develop a strategy for knowledge retention for your audience.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the spacing effect can break the cycle of forgetting after a learning event
- What types of deliverables will work best to keep learners from forgetting
- What types of deliverables will engage your learners to keep them interested in learning
- How to develop short, interactive deliverables that can win client buy-in for additional training time
- When to deliver short training modules to support knowledge retention
- How to deliver short training modules to ensure that they are consumed by learners
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, managers, and directors. Participants should have a strong knowledge of web-based training design, as the focus of this session will be more on strategy than technology.
Technology discussed in this session:
Apple iOS, Google, Android, Microsoft Windows, phones, tablets, and Lectora.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA