- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Accidental Mobile Learning Designer
mLearnCon 2014 - June 26, 2014
Senior Solutions Consultant
Most instructional designers found their way to their role by accident, via a combination of circumstance and subject matter expertise. This is why many IDs share the challenge of “learning as we go” rather than receiving formal training and education before starting a job. This challenge is further complicated by the need to add mobile learning design to our skill sets.
In this session you’ll explore the experiences of an accidental instructional designer who suddenly finds that she needs to design programs for mobile devices. You will learn the critical factors of the mobile landscape that all new mobile designers will need to consider. You will discuss the ways to incorporate mobile into your overall learning strategy, and why that is different than having a “mobile strategy.” You will learn the obstacles and unexpected detours many designers encounter on their first mobile projects. You will leave this session with an understanding of basic strategies and ideas you can apply to your own instructional design practices.
In this session, you will learn:
- When to consider adding mobile solutions to your learning strategy
- How to integrate mobile solutions into your existing strategy
- Common mistakes you should avoid when designing mobile solutions
- Tools you are already using that aid mobile design
- Important things to look out for as you start your mobile journey
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company