- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
CANCELLED - Be Concise: Designing for On-the-go Learners
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Senior eLearning Designer
Johns Hopkins Health System
eLearning designers often face complex training topics that are difficult to deliver concisely. This results in lengthy courses that are counter to the needs of today’s learners who need to be extremely efficient with their time. To deliver effective learning to this audience means being very concise in both content and course design, while still having impact and not sacrificing instructional integrity.
In this session you will learn a strategy for keeping learning concise while remaining impactful, engaging, and retaining your audience. You will explore four measures to employ in the instructional design process. First, identify appropriate learning objectives and exclude the extraneous objectives trying to sneak into the course. Second, manage the stakeholder, subject matter expert, and design team’s expectations. Third, prioritize content into levels of “must know,” “good to know,” and “nice to know.” Lastly, streamline the content, language, and course interface. You will leave this session with a practical strategy for creating concise courses while not sacrificing learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- A design process that ensures concise, but effective, eLearning
- How to get subject-matter experts and your team on board with creating concise courses
- How to efficiently prioritize and manage learning content
- How to streamline the content, language, and course interface
- How to use learning assets to succinctly deliver content (e.g., interactions, games, visuals, analogies, infographics, etc.)
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors with basic knowledge of eLearning design.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company