- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Collective Digital Storytelling: Learning in the 21st Century
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Individual and Organization Development Consulting
Organizational storytelling can be a powerful learning approach, but it suffers from many obstacles. Storytellers often lack skill in developing a cohesive narrative and delivery. Often the relatability of the narrative misses the mark. Content, relevancy, and usefulness should always be paramount and the current quality of many training-related videos is mediocre at best
In this session you will learn how collective digital storytelling (CDS) combines methodologies of organization development, digital video capture, and collective/systemic storytelling to create a platform that is extremely engaging to learners. You will explore how CDS puts learners in more active positions so that they are storytellers as well as story-receivers. You will discover how peer-to-peer communication enables the learners to become the teachers and vice-versa. You will leave this session understanding how CDS provides a new and energizing way to use video as part of eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition and description of collective digital storytelling (CDS) and an overview of the process
- How to augment video capture with organization development approaches to generate richer and more meaningful content
- Synthesis methods used to turn independent story lines into a cohesive narrative that reflects adult learning needs
- Uses and applications for collective digital storytelling (CDS)
Intermediate and advanced developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Video capture, video editing, and examples of and outcomes of projects.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company