- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Collective Digital Storytelling: Learning in the 21st Century
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Individual and Organization Development Consulting
Organizational storytelling can be a powerful learning approach, but it suffers from many obstacles. Storytellers often lack skill in developing a cohesive narrative and delivery. Often the relatability of the narrative misses the mark. Content, relevancy, and usefulness should always be paramount and the current quality of many training-related videos is mediocre at best
In this session you will learn how collective digital storytelling (CDS) combines methodologies of organization development, digital video capture, and collective/systemic storytelling to create a platform that is extremely engaging to learners. You will explore how CDS puts learners in more active positions so that they are storytellers as well as story-receivers. You will discover how peer-to-peer communication enables the learners to become the teachers and vice-versa. You will leave this session understanding how CDS provides a new and energizing way to use video as part of eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition and description of collective digital storytelling (CDS) and an overview of the process
- How to augment video capture with organization development approaches to generate richer and more meaningful content
- Synthesis methods used to turn independent story lines into a cohesive narrative that reflects adult learning needs
- Uses and applications for collective digital storytelling (CDS)
Intermediate and advanced developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Video capture, video editing, and examples of and outcomes of projects.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA