- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Getting New Sellers’ Feet on the Street with mLearning
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
The process of getting newly hired salespeople trained and actively selling products is a key concern for most businesses. Organizations typically throw new hires into a classroom for a week or two, and then send them on their way with a couple of three-ring binders and with little or no follow-up. Grainger was seeking faster and more innovative ways to make its new hires successful while recognizing that people learn better over time.
In this case-study session you will explore how Grainger’s L&D team redesigned the onboarding process around each seller’s smartphone, tablet, or laptop as their primary access point to their training. You’ll discover how this restructured approach uses a combination of learning modules, live and virtual classroom experiences, interactive forums, and game mechanics to make the new-hire learning experience more continuous, inclusive, and engaging. You will learn how we overcame the challenges of packaging and delivering varied formal-learning experiences and informal-learning interactions, both online and via mobile app, in a highly secure IT environment.
In this session, you will learn:
- The importance of mobile and online access to all on-boarding tasks
- How to integrate with other internal systems like single sign-on, Cisco Webex, and an LMS
- How to use a blended-learning environment with interactive forums, gamification, and ride-along surveys
- The importance of a highly-customized interface from the application’s launch icon to a fully customized user experience
Novice designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Microsoft Office Professional, Epic Learning’s GoMo authoring tool, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Articulate Storyline, and Cisco Webex—all delivered and accessible via OnPoint Digital’s CellCast Solution mobile-learning platform on Apple iOS devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)