- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Membership Has Its Privileges
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Too often, when we get rooted in our projects, we become very self-centered in our work. We forget there are people just like us struggling in the exact same way. We begin to convince ourselves that our way is the only way and, creatively, we can shut down very quickly under the weight of our workload. The panic, stress, and insecurity all lead us to not put our best work out there and, what’s more, to not share our work in pursuit of improvement and feedback.
In this session you will explore an individual case study turned confessional in which the presenter realized he did everything mentioned above (and then some), and the benefits and value he realized when he changed his approach to professional development. You will discuss the benefits of coming out of your cave and opening up via membership in professional organizations. By attending this session you will discover simple steps that can lead to amazing benefits, both professionally and personally.
In this session, you will learn:
- The importance and benefits of membership in a professional organization
- The importance and benefits of being involved and active, professionally, via social media
- The limitations you may be experiencing without even realizing them
- That community is key to professional development
Novice designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA