- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Five Best Design Practices for Virtual and Blended Learning
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Founder and President
Designing for face-to-face delivery is hard enough. How do you transfer those skills to the virtual- and blended-delivery environments? The shift can be daunting because instructional designers don’t have as much experience in virtual deliveries as participants do. Couple that with the fact that when a design falls apart, the participants usually know about it before the facilitator does so spending time on a tight design is critical up front. Plus, designing in the wrong way can be expensive when it comes to programming and technology adoption costs.
In this session you will explore five best practices for designing for the virtual and blended environments. You will learn how to apply traditional design principles in this new delivery landscape. You will discuss the value of an environmental analysis, and how it helps you understand the technology landscape. You will leave this session with an understanding of the common blended-learning design roadblocks and how to overcome them.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to determine the desired learning outcomes and how to assess mastery of these outcomes
- How to conduct an environmental analysis to fully understand the learning technology landscape
- How to map learning objectives to the most appropriate learning outcomes
- How to create an assessment plan for the individual learning components and for the entire blended program
- How to create a validated instructional-design plan to manage the development of the blended program
Intermediate designers and developers with experience creating learning objectives and familiarity with what learning technologies are available at their organizations.
discussed in this session:
Virtual classrooms, eLearning, and more.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA