- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Subject Experts as Course Developers: Tools, Templates, and Support
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
Sr. Learning Strategist
Pacific Gas & Electric
Training demands are greater that any one central training department can meet. Departments are always making their own training despite lacking the skills or tools to make it truly effective. Even if subject-matter experts want to partner with a full instructional-design project team, they rarely have the time to do so. And yet despite these challenges, end users still require and deserve a high level of quality in their training programs.
In this case-study session you will learn how Pacific Gas and Electric’s (PG&E) Academy created a number of self-support tools, “brown bags,” communities of practice, and guidelines that enable any business unit to build their own instructor-led training, web-based training, or virtual learning. You will discover how these tools enabled the organization to build more training with fewer resources in a shorter amount of time. You will leave this session with a number of tools, templates, and guidelines that you can take back and adapt for your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- What tools, templates, and guidelines are needed to make a self-support model work for all business units
- What evaluation measures, checklists, and coaching need to be in place to ensure quality
- What the business impact is when other groups share in the course-development process
- How you can adapt and leverage internal training-department standards across the business
- How you can leverage similar tools, templates, guidelines, and support methods in your organization
Novice project managers and managers with a basic understanding of the course development process.
discussed in this session:
Instructor led training, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Adobe Connect, Articulate Studio ’13, SharePoint, Yammer, iMovie/iPhone, and Show and Share video portal.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK