- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Google Glass and the Future of Mobile Learning
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 29, 2014
As valuable as courses are, there will always be times when performance support is more appropriate. But in order to have really effective just-in-time learning support, people need to be able find and use it quickly and effortlessly. Performance support needs to be available wherever you are and whenever you need it. More importantly, the performance-support tools of the future are hands free.
In this session you will explore Google Glass, and the possibilities that hands-free devices like it open up for mobile learning and performance support. You will learn how Google Glass works, and examine examples of unique learning and performance solutions being developed for the device. You will compare how wearable performance support compares to that delivered on other mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. You will leave the session with new ideas and inspiration for how you might use mobile devices and wearable technology in your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can use Google Glass for distance coaching
- Why Google Glass is so effective for hands-free performance support
- How you can use Google Glass for context-sensitive performance support
- What the future of immersive learning might hold
Novice designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Google Glass, smartphones, tablets, and Oculous Rift.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)