- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Bustin’ Down the Silos: Using an LCMS to Manage Learning Content
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Director of Product Education
One of the most challenging aspects of developing learning programs is managing the sheer volume of content generated on a daily basis. There are eLearning modules, demos, simulations, videos, job aides, quick-start guides, webinars, ILT decks, graphs, flowcharts, assessments, animations, podcasts, and the source and media files to go along with each. The most frustrating aspect of all this is the number of times developers are forced to reinvent the wheel because, while the perfect content may already exist in one format it is incompatible with content in another format.
In this session you will discuss how implementing a learning-content management system (LCMS) can help address many of the content curation and organizational issues facing learning-development teams today. Using athenahealth as a case study, you’ll review the process they went through in choosing a vendor, getting leadership buy-in, the ups and downs of implementation, what custom work needed to be done, bringing over legacy content, convincing IDs that learning another new tool would be worth it, what worked as promised, and what didn’t.
In this session, you will learn:
- The challenges of trying to curate and update tremendous amounts of content
- The advantages of using an LCMS to develop and manage learning content
- How athenahealth implemented an LCMS during the chaos of a major software release
- How athenahealth plans to utilize the power of the LCMS in the future
- Lessons from an LCMS implementation
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers who have experience as an instructional designer.
discussed in this session:
Kenexa Premier LCMS.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development