- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Enterprise Social Networks to Create a Virtual Learning Environment
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
VP Emerging Learning Technology and Tools
Today’s employees need to use different types of tools and they must learn how to assimilate and perform their job with limited training time and support. By using a social-networking site for a virtual-learning environment (VLE) learners can interact with experienced employees, learn how to properly use the company’s internal social network, and properly navigate through systems and repositories.
In this session you will explore how to use an enterprise social-networking site to create a well-designed VLE that will enhance the traditional corporate classroom and the learning experience. To increase performance outcomes you will identify key principles that support social and informal learning using a VLE. You will learn how to encourage participation and collaboration, and get engagement using a classroom VLE. You will leave this session understanding how a VLE can enhance participant performance, engagement, and learning experience, and reduce time to proficiency.
In this session, you will learn:
- Ways to incorporate social approaches that support learning and performance outcomes
- How to encourage participation, collaboration, and engagement using Web 2.0 technology
- How to enhance formal content by using a virtual learning environment
- The advantages of social capabilities within the classroom
- How to build a virtual learning environment using a social platform
Novice and intermediate designers, managers, training managers, and facilitators.
discussed in this session:
Jive, virtual learning environments, social collaboration, and SharePoint.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK