- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Practical Applications of the Serious eLearning Manifesto
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Most instructional designers can recognize a strongly designed and developed eLearning program. However, there is a noticeable gap between the accepted standards of what makes quality eLearning, and the reality of what the industry produces. We understand what quality eLearning looks like, but too often we fail to deliver on that standard. Many instructional designers struggle with maintaining eLearning quality standards when confronted with the realities of organizational project constraints.
In this session, you will learn strategies for maintaining quality and developing impactful eLearning programs while dealing with reasonable project constraints. You will discuss the standards of eLearning quality that the Serious eLearning Manifesto includes. You will explore methods to implement the Serious eLearning Manifesto’s principles, and see examples that show the principles put into practice. You will examine common project constraints that can take away from eLearning quality, and share strategies for overcoming those barriers.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between typical, minimally effective eLearning and high impact, serious eLearning
- How to economically implement many of the Serious eLearning Manifesto’s principles
- How to evaluate alternative instructional approaches
- What to require when setting acceptance criteria for developing courseware
Intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Desktop and mobile eLearning.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)