- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Internet of Things—Applications in eLearning
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to touch and transform every facet of our lives. From industry automation and automobile connectivity to wearable devices and smart-home appliances, it will make our way of living more enriching. Learning will also undergo many changes as a part of this evolution, though it will likely be a bumpy road getting there.
In this session you will explore how the Internet of Things can impact the world of eLearning. You will discuss specific examples of how IoT can enrich interactive learning, games-based learning, and on-demand learning to improve the overall learning experience. You will examine industry trends on how learning is evolving from the traditional formats to a more social and collaborative culture, and how IoT supports that evolution. You will explore numerous use cases that will show where IoT fits into the current learning and performance paradigm, and how it will influence our field in the future.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Internet of Things key concepts apply in the context of eLearning
- How one needs to approach eLearning content creation differently in an IoT environment
- How one can make their content ready for IoT devices
- How IoT is applicable in eLearning
Novice and intermediate developers, project managers, managers, directors, and VPs.
discussed in this session:
Kinect, Raspberry Pi, and 3-D printing.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)