- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
What Corporate Learning Can Learn from the MOOC Experience
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Director of Learning Solutions
Preconceptions of eLearning, lack of instructional design insight within organizations, disjointed learning ecosystems, and the perceived size of the task in front of them mean organizations have lacked the confidence to take their more complex programs into the online domain. However, online learning is opening the doors to more flexible, sustained, and comprehensive support for learners than ever before.
In this session you will explore a comprehensive analysis of the MOOC experience since 2012. You will examine the MOOC experience and how the highs and lows have informed the strategies and approaches taken by a range of organizations in their programs. You’ll discuss case studies from Telefonica, Transitions Optical, and The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising on how MOOCS have been applied to programs that include flipped classrooms, online CPD, and sponsored MOOCs. You will also explore the skills, tools, and technology needed to create the right ecosystem in which more complex online programs thrive.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices in learning path design for complex subjects
- How to create learner engagement through learning design, course orchestration, and facilitation
- Where to spend, where to reuse, and where to save
- How to create the business case for corporate MOOCs
- When to curate from an existing MOOC and when to create your own
- How to create the right learning ecosystem to support complex subjects online
Intermediate and advanced managers and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA