- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Training Knowledge Workers Virtually at the World Bank
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Knowledge & Learning Officer
Like many organizations in today’s increasingly global marketplace, the Asia Pacific Region of World Bank Group has a workforce in 20 countries. The regional team has the daunting task of training global staff in an efficient manner. Since World Bank knowledge workers are also mobile and tech savvy, moving training to a virtual classroom that can be accessed on a laptop or mobile device was a logical solution.
In this session you will learn how to efficiently convert training programs and develop new programs. You will explore a four-step model that provides the framework to be used for virtual training for both operational and soft skills topics. You will discover the importance of planning as part of the model, as virtual training is a lot like video and audio broadcasting, where many hours are needed to prepare for a broadcast and disruptions and mistakes are amplified. Participants will leave the session with a toolkit for live virtual training and for calculating carbon footprint reduction when face-to-face training is replaced with virtual training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply a four-step model for designing and delivering virtual classroom training
- How to determine facilitation team members and skills needed for each role
- How to develop strategies to adjust content, images, and exercises from in-person training for a global audience in a virtual classroom
- Best practices to use to avoid pitfalls when planning logistics for virtual classroom training
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, and managers with an understanding of the virtual classroom either from the participant and/or facilitator perspective, with a general understanding of one of the virtual classroom tools (Adobe Connect, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Saba Classroom).
discussed in this session:
Virtual classroom/Adobe Connect.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Contractor
Roseville, MN / Remote
- eLearning Specialist (temporary, up to 12 months)
Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton or Regina
- Contract Instructional Designer at Stitch Fix
San Francisco, CA
- Learning Specialist II (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area
- Senior Learning Specialist (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area