- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Innovative eLearning for Multiple Stakeholders
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Project Manager & Instructional Designer
Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing, CUNY
Instructional designers and eLearning professionals are often faced with the daunting task of designing learning interventions to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders quickly and effectively. Many eLearning solutions are perceived as boring, ineffective, or incapable of meeting learning goals effectively, leaving designers with an uphill battle to sell new ideas and concepts to colleagues. Even strong concepts and well-designed projects face barriers and challenges.
In this session participants will explore strategies to assess the needs of various stakeholders, pitch eLearning project ideas and garner support, work with subject-matter experts while staying within an appropriate project scope, and implement time and cost-saving tips in development. You will examine two eLearning projects, each utilizing simulation and case-based learning strategies to drive the design of immersive, story-driven projects that capture and hold stakeholder interest and ensure that learning objectives are achieved. You will leave the session with takeaways for managing risk encountered during various stages in the design process.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to map performance/learning problems to concrete eLearning objectives, ensuring alignment of ideas with stakeholder needs
- Effective ways to present your project ideas effectively to garner interest, enthusiasm, and support
- Strategies for working with subject matter experts on determining content while keeping within a manageable scope
- An effective process for designing interactive, case-based eLearning modules to engage and hold the interest of learners
Novice designers, developers, and project managers with a clear understanding of instructional design frameworks (e.g., ADDIE) and the affordances and limitations of eLearning authoring platforms.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST