- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Authentic Mobile Learning: Practical Examples
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Head of Evangelism, Digital Learning Solutions
Learning to leverage the specific tools and capabilities in mobile devices can be challenging for eLearning developers. Effective mLearning goes beyond converting traditional eLearning for use on mobile and actually applies techniques of responsive design and maximizes technologies like geolocation and gestural inputs to become authentic mobile learning.
In this session you will learn how to create authentic mobile-learning content, and how you can leverage the device-specific tools to create powerful mLearning experiences. You will explore examples of both authentic mLearning projects and of mLearning project creation. You will discuss how you can use device-specific tools and features to accomplish feats like location-aware learning. You will discover why intuitive gestural and physical inputs provide rich experiences that are most appropriate for mobile devices. You will explore examples of functional mLearning courses that leverage these capabilities, and learn how you can create these examples today.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why mLearning courses should be different from eLearning courses
- What responsive mLearning is and why you should employ it
- How to use gestural inputs to control mLearning on devices
- What makes mLearning experiences on devices authentic
- Who will use authentic mLearning and how learners feel about it
- Why location-based learning is important to the future of mLearning
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors with a basic understanding of eLearning, and an awareness of mLearning’s challenges.
discussed in this session:
Android phones and tablets, iOS phones and tablets, and mLearning authoring tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company