- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Instructional Design for eLearning vs. for Instructor-led Training
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
Director of Training
There is no definitive process for instructional design. Regardless of how much research we conduct, we can modify every theory and every process to meet our individual project needs. Modifying these needs and/or techniques becomes much easier when facilitating live, instructor-led training where learners provide both verbal and visual feedback. When it comes to eLearning, there is no facilitator available to modify the experience based on feedback. Therefore, instructional design plays a key role in determining the success of any training experience.
In this session you will examine the key differences between designing instructor-led training vs. designing eLearning or self-paced training. You will explore what types of design will work for instructor-led training and/or eLearning. You will leave this session able to design appropriate courses for whatever type of training you are creating, which translates into better experiences for the learners.
In this session, you will learn:
- The key differences in designing instructor-led training vs. designing eLearning
- How to adapt course designs for self-paced eLearning training vs. instructor-led training
- How to determine learner needs based on training environments
- Tips on how to design courses based on how training is facilitated
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Lectora, Flypaper, and Snap!
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK