- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Show Your Work: A Management Perspective
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2014
Director of Research
The eLearning Guild
Narrating our work—also known in some circles as “working out loud”—is getting a lot of attention lately as it offers great potential for connecting talent pools and capturing tacit knowledge, reducing rework and duplication of effort and maybe even meetings. While there is a lot of discussion around the value showing your work provides in the context of learning, there’s less clarity around how showing your work provides value to a business or organization.
In this session you will explore the value of narrating work from the point of view of management. You will discuss what it means to narrate your work in an organizational context. You will discover why this is critical to business outcomes and how organizations can encourage more people to narrate their work. You will leave this session understanding when to support showing work in the ever-challenging quest for surfacing organizational knowledge.
In this session, you will learn:
- A clearer view of what “showing work” means
- Ideas for choosing what to share and when
- Tips for identifying the most appropriate tools for narrating work
- Strategies for ensuring success at helping workers successfully show their work—and avoiding mistakes and pitfalls
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)