- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Big Bad Data: How to Clean Up the Mess
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2014
Learning Technology Lead
Everyone’s talking about Big Data, but learning systems already generate piles of data and it’s a mess. How can we move on to a more in-depth analysis of learner behavior if we can’t even straighten out the basics? Our technicians roll their eyes and complain about poor data quality in the upstream feeds. The report designers complain that the stakeholders keep changing their requirements, and our teams are burning precious hours managing unwieldy Excel spreadsheets. We don’t need a new technology. We need a new approach.
In this session participants will examine a framework for understanding how to efficiently work with learning data. You will explore an overarching approach that you can use to communicate to both technical staff and business stakeholders. Using humor and visualization, this session will introduce you to techniques, tools, and concepts that are not usually thought of by database professionals outside of the learning industry.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to clarify the business drivers for gathering data and use them to inform your strategy
- To look at learning data holistically so that you can find solutions to data problems
- To discover techniques to use existing data to generate the data needed for reporting
- How to put data limitations into a perspective that business stakeholders understand
- How to create low-effort, repeatable, and flexible processes for collecting, cleaning, and reporting on learning data
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
70,096Join The eLearning Guild