- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Innovative Future of Video Learning
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2014
The use of learning videos has been widely employed for many years and for good reason. Video-based learning can be more engaging and has been proven to increase learner retention. It is fast becoming an essential learning tool. Advancements in technology have triggered an explosion of innovation in the usage of video for learning. As always, with change comes challenges.
In this session participants will learn how the IBM research and product labs are creating innovations in video learning that are going to revolutionize the way organizations leverage video for learning. You will discuss video transcript creation that automatically creates a transcription of the video, and can even perform translations. You will explore video delivery technology that synchronizes the transcription with the video as it plays, and allows the learner to navigate to any point in the video by clicking on the transcription. You will learn how these and other innovations are creating new ways for learners to interact with video and for the video curators to analyze the effectiveness of the videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- How video learning is becoming a collaborative event, allowing learners to socialize and expand the learning experience
- How the automation of video transcription simplifies the publishing process and improves learner search capabilities
- How image analysis can automate the tagging and curation process
- How advanced analytics can be applied to gauge video effectiveness
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Various video learning components of the IBM Smarter Workforce technologies.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA