- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Social Learning 102: Beyond the Basics
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2014
Social learning has been the “next big thing” for years now, yet discussions often still focus on introducing the tools and simple uses for them. It’s time for learning professionals to go beyond the basics and focus on advanced techniques for using social tools and networks for learning.
In this session, you will go hands-on with Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. You’ll also explore some of the newest social networks: Snapchat, Secret, and Vine. You’ll be presented with a challenge and then explore how the challenge can be solved using common social media applications. You will learn best practices for incorporating these and other social networks into your learning programs. You will leave this session with tangible ideas for using social networks as part of your enterprise learning strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- Advanced features of Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- How to use Vine, Secret, and Snapchat for social learning
- How to stay abreast of the latest social networks
- How to incorporate these social networks into a course design
Intermediate designers who are familiar with the basic functionality of Twitter and Instagram and with the general principles of social learning and social networks.
discussed in this session:
Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Secret, and Snapchat.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)