- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
B.Y.O.L.: Tips and Tricks for Creating Your eLearning Visuals on the Cheap
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2014
Education Technology Specialist
Southlake Regional Health Centre
Visual design is one of the most important elements of effective eLearning. Unfortunately, it is also often the first element to get pushed aside when project deadlines loom and budgets evaporate. Instructional designers need to apply a wide array of resources and techniques in order to maintain visual-design quality in their eLearning programs.
In this hands-on session you will examine a number of creative and practical tips and tricks to give eLearning visuals cohesion and professional panache. You will explore a wide array of free and low-cost resources that you can use even when budgets shrink. You will apply practical tips, tools, and solutions that anyone can use to enhance the look and feel of their eLearning. You will leave this session able to look beyond the limits of what we think we can do and explore more creative alternatives.
In this session, you will learn:
- How visual cohesion impacts learning and enhances communication
- How to creatively leverage the photo tools you have at hand
- Where to get free and/or cheap software and resources for visual design
- How to leverage online tools to create, repurpose, and customize eLearning graphics and clipart
Novice designers and developers who are new or moderately experienced in eLearning design or development.
discussed in this session:
PowerPoint and other online resources.
A laptop with MS Office. A smartphone is beneficial, but not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA