- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Case Study in Training Connected-car Technology
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 25, 2015
President & CEO
Director, Volvo Cars Performance Academy
Volvo Cars North America
These days, as in-vehicle technology advances more quickly than anyone can keep up with, most automotive companies are facing the same dilemma. Their customers, along with retailer personnel, are confused and frustrated. Advanced systems are complicated for the average user. Negative perceptions could lead to lost sales and poor quality reputation. Consumers need to be comfortable enough with their in-vehicle technology that they’re not frustrated, not complaining, and maybe even enjoying it. It is imperative for all retail personnel to understand how these complex features operate as well as what they would offer to Volvo customers.
In this session participants will explore the blend of learning elements Volvo designed to teach dealership personnel how to operate Sensus Connect and describe its features and benefits to customers. You will examine how the various elements were flexible to accommodate various schedules. You will discover how the benefits of the less-is-more approach focused on need-to-know content. You will leave this session understanding the various components used at Volvo, and with the ability to adapt these elements in your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to blend effective instructional techniques for training new, complex technology.
- A performance-based instructional approach for creating a simulation app for sales and service personnel
- To design training on how to demonstrate and sell new technology
- To accommodate learner characteristics in a technology-based solution
Intermediate designers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Simulations, webinars, web-based training using iPad/computer, and projectors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)