- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Blending Live Simulation with eLearning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 25, 2015
Manager, Instructional Design
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
How do we guarantee that our learners are prepared to perform on the job? Whether you are an instructional designer within an organization or a contracted vendor, there is often a feeling of having little influence on the learning continuum beyond the learner’s consumption of an eLearning module or class session. Not being physically present with our audience, however, simply means that we have to equip managers and others in the institution with the tools and guidance they need to ensure new knowledge becomes job performance.
In this case-study session you will explore simulation as an inexpensive and impactful extension of eLearning. You will discuss the benefits of simulation, as well as practical considerations for building one. You will examine cases that blend eLearning and live, performance-based simulation. You will leave this session understanding how to add simulations to your eLearning strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to evaluate performance with simulations
- Techniques for developing standardized simulations
- Options for using simulation as part of your learning-needs analysis
- Ways to integrate simulation into eLearning deliverables
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
General web-based technology and learning development tools
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager