- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
B.Y.O.L.: Creating Lightboxes in Adobe Captivate
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 25, 2015
Senior Learning Evangelist
It can sometimes be quite difficult to fit all the content on the same screen in an eLearning course. You are often unable to break up content into multiple screens as that might break the flow and continuity of the messaging. At the same time, the content may not lend itself well to being displayed full screen. In situations like this, where you need to share additional information to help explain the concepts, you can use lightboxes, a technique for displaying images and other content where the image is bright but the rest of the screen is dimmed.
In this hands-on session, you will learn about the process of creating, grouping, and manipulating a lightbox window using Adobe Captivate. You will learn how to make your projects shine with attractive popover lightbox windows, and how to control the elements in those windows individually or as a group. You will learn the advanced and shared actions used to create these lightbox interactions and leave this session able to build lightboxes that help engage learners.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use advanced and shared actions to create lightboxes
- How to create a screen with a lightbox
- How to create a screen with multiple lightboxes
- How to create a lightbox-style menu
- How to add glossary interaction as a lightbox
Intermediate and advanced designers and developers with basic instructional-design and Captivate skills.
discussed in this session:
A laptop with Adobe Captivate installed.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager