- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The ABCs of xAPI: Lessons Learned and Shared
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 25, 2015
VP, Business Development
Being able to measure the effectiveness of learning, and how it relates to performance, is critical for today’s learning organizations. As the Experience API (xAPI) gains more adoption, it is becoming more important for training and development teams to learn the ABCs of this important new technology.
In this session you will explore the ABCs of the xAPI so that you can understand the power of this technology and how it can reinvent your learning and performance approaches. You will explore the A, or attributes of what the xAPI really is, how statements are generally structured, and the how we typically see it being put into practice. You will examine the B, or benefits, via examples of xAPI being leveraged by progressive organizations. Finally, you will discuss the C, or challenges, of incorporating xAPI into your organization’s learning strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basic structure and tools that comprise the xAPI approach including statement syntax, construction, and management
- Which platforms and tools are xAPI-ready and how you can use them in an existing learning environment
- How to balance when to use xAPI over SCORM and whether they are mutually exclusive
- New use cases to apply tracking to non-traditional learning assignments and interactions
- New technical challenges to overcome with LMS integration, security, and mobile access
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
The Experience API.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)