- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
An Interactive Gaming and Map Solution for Orienting New Employees
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 25, 2015
Michael Garron Hospital
In a large hospital, it is next to impossible to physically orient every new employee to the layout of the hospital, and explain what services we offer. We do our best to explain and describe what we do in the face-to-face new-employee orientation sessions, but this method falls far short of what the employees expect and deserve. At the same time, we expect all employees to help patients and visitors find their way in the hospital. So how can we provide such a tour with limited resources?
In this session you will learn how new employees can explore the hospital environment using an online interactive floor-by-floor map, learning what they need to know to provide the best service to our patients and visitors. You will discover how these interactive maps engage learners using short-play computer games for key areas. You will leave this session understanding how these interactive maps and the associated game experience can easily adapt to meet the needs of other areas.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to develop interactive maps and games to orient staff to your organization
- Why and how short-play games can engage and delight new employees
- How to contact local colleges to attract student talent to your organization
- How to create a positive learning experience for the students
- How to keep game projects within scope
- How to engage skeptical stakeholders
Intermediate designers, developers, and project managers with a good working knowledge of development software such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Flash, ActionScript 3, Adobe Illustrator, Articulate Storyline, LMSs, and SCORM.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)