- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Informal Learning: Enabling the Moment of Apply
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 26, 2015
Chief Learning Evangelist
Traditional training methods are starting to show their age. Did you know that within the first 48 hours of your employees attending a traditional training or learning event, their knowledge retention drops to 33 percent? Did you also know that research now shows nearly 80 percent of learning in the workplace takes place informally? Despite a growing set of statistics like these, training departments still spend the vast majority of their budgets on formal training efforts. That needs to change.
In this session you will explore how performance support methodologies can provide workers with support in ways that traditional training cannot. You will explore the various methodologies behind performance support and how they support learning-while-doing. You will learn how performance support helps a learning department design, deliver, and maintain informal learning in a powerful and measurable way.
In this session, you will learn:
- The power of the Five Moments of Need and Train, Transfer, Sustain
- How to design for informal learning: methodologies and concepts
- What performance support looks like
- The design considerations when integrating performance support into an existing formal learning approach
- How learning groups interact with the enterprise when they begin providing performance support solutions
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Electronic performance support systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library