- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Serious Game Secrets: What, Why, Where, Who Cares?
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 26, 2015
Many learning professionals are attempting to use gamification and serious games to spark employee engagement and drive learning retention. The biggest setbacks for some of these serious games and gamified learning experiences have involved little-to-no planning, tough to pinpoint metrics, weak implementation strategy, and insufficient or nonexistent post-deployment support.
In this session participants will discuss the importance of planning, developing, implementing, and supporting serious games for organizations that have never gone down the game-based learning path before. You will examine what makes a serious game a success or a failure. You will address the proper steps needed for each phase of the project to ensure it’s a success. You will leave this session with a list of best practices, and an understanding of the pain points that you will have to deal with when going down the route of gamification and serious games.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to get the dialogue going about serious games effectively
- How to plan and develop a serious game (internally or externally)
- Best practices when creating a serious game
- How to support the serious game after the effort has launched
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Leap Motion, Microsoft Kinect, Oculus Rift, Google Glasses, and Mozilla Open Badges.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA