- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Peer Review to Motivate Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 26, 2015
One of the toughest things to teach is how to follow instructions, especially when the task at hand appears simple. Learners assume they already know how to put on gloves or plate a meal. The details are tedious, and the purpose behind doing things “the right way” is rarely compelling. But the consequences of not following the directions can be significant. How do you motivate your team to pay attention to the details, to the step-by-step instructions?
In this session, participants will learn how performance-based (roleplay) exercises and peer-review can be used to motivate learners to pursue “perfection” in skill acquisition. You will explore how converting training into a social game turns tedious rote practices into achievable goals in ways that are engaging and appealing. You will see examples of how this training method can be used to teach skills in a variety of contexts.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to motivate learners to pay closer attention to detail
- About incorporating performance-based learning in your training
- How peer-review can be used to motivate learning
- How peer-review can be used to assess learning outcomes
- How simple video technology (iPhones, tablets, etc.) can be used to enhance learning
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Video capture devices like smartphones and tablets, video sharing platforms like YouTube and Voicethread, and the video training software Apprennet.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company