- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Best Practices for Creating Procedural Demos with Camtasia
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
Consulting Curriculum Developer
Today, peoples’ lives revolve around applications, both at home and at work. When your organization launches a new HR web site or changes its file sharing mobile application, workers will need to be updated and possibly trained. Camtasia is a powerful tool for capturing and publishing these types of procedural demonstrations. However, without some guidelines and best practices, a recorded demonstration may be of little use to your intended audience.
In this session participants will explore a practical, step-by-step approach for creating procedural demos with Camtasia. You will discuss the importance of storyboarding your demonstrations. You will examine the different tools that can be used to enhance Camtasia recordings. You will explore how to record demos from both desktop and mobile devices. You will leave this session able to increase a demo’s instructional effectiveness while avoiding common mistakes.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design and storyboard a series of demos
- About the different tools in Camtasia Studio
- How to record a demo from a computer or mobile device
- How to incorporate zoom and callout effects in a demo
- How to add audio narration and other media to a demo
- How to include transitions and other visual effects in a demo
- Different ways to share your demo
Novice designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library