- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Starting Small: Adding Performance Support to the Mix
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
Executive Vice President and Executive Director
The eLearning Guild
The world of the learning and performance professional is changing. The business world is moving ever faster, and no longer has the ability to wait weeks for training to be developed every time a learning and performance need arises. Organizations are increasingly placing value on performance support programs that give workers access to exactly what they need, where they need it, at the moment they need it. But performance support can be a daunting shift for learning professionals, often leaving them lost with no idea how to get started.
In this session participants will explore how organizations can start with small pilot programs to begin adding performance support to their organizational learning strategy. You will discuss examples of performance support being implemented in small ways, and hear how those small starts had large impacts. You will explore the mindset that learning professionals need to develop to truly shift towards performance support. You will leave this session better understanding the need for more focus on performance support, and how you can get started.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why performance support is growing in need and usage in the learning and performance industry
- How organizations have gotten started with performance support
- Examples of how you can start small with performance support
- How to adjust your mindset to approach your work with performance support as the default
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Various performance support tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)