- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Gamification-in-learning Report Card: Lessons Learned in the Trenches
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
There’s an abundance of information published on using gamification in corporate learning environments, and companies now believe that it can add significant value to their learning initiatives. But many implementations could be falling short of their promise. In 2012, Gartner Research predicted that by 2014, 80 percent of gamified applications would fail to meet business objectives, primarily due to poor design. The challenge has been that hard data regarding the effectiveness of specific gamification elements has been scarce. Until now.
In this session you will learn how every day, hundreds of thousands of employees from world-class organizations like Walmart, Toys”R”Us, and J&J interact with the gamification elements, generating more than 50 million discrete interactions per year. You will explore how the learning results compare against corporate key-performance indicators. You will leave this session understanding the value of gamification and what key elements make gamification so successful.
In this session, you will learn:
- What three key components you must embed in a learning game to make it popular with learners, and why
- Why game play variety is critical
- What key element drives competition and community
- What kinds of rewards are key to participation
- Why learners want to review their own report card, and how many of them are doing it
- How people use social connectivity in learning, and what’s driving that
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Axonify eLearning platform.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library