- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Train the Trainers: Virtual Instruction for Beginners
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
DLA Human Resources Services
With shrinking budgets and an ever increasing demand for more accessible training, moving the training classroom to the virtual world is more important than ever. Numerous articles, books, and presentations are available on the technical end of how to convert traditional training to a virtual environment, but where does that leave the trainer who has never taught virtually or been on camera? Understanding how to use virtual-training technology is the easy art; understanding how to facilitate training in a virtual environment is something else.
Participants in this session will explore the critical things new trainers need to know when getting started with virtual instruction. You will learn how to effectively communicate to learners when you cannot see their faces and how to determine if they comprehend what you are teaching. You will get tips to keep learners engaged and interested, and you will explore more subtle tips, like the effect your choice in clothing can have on the virtual experience.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices when training instructors and trainers new to virtual-classroom instruction
- Best practices in converting face-to-face courses to the virtual environment
- Activities to support training of instructors and trainers on teaching in the virtual classroom
- Considerations when developing training for the virtual classroom
- A basic outline for developing a virtual-instruction course
Novice designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Green Screen, Virtual Backgrounds, and Poll Everywhere (free online, live polling platform).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager