- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
If You Don’t Have Game, Don’t Gamify
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 27, 2015
With employee engagement levels declining, gamification can be a tool to increase your staff’s motivation, spark learning, and help create more functional and enthusiastic teams. Gamification has become quite the buzzword in recent years; however, the idea of using games in learning is nothing new. What is new is the idea of researching and deconstructing what makes games so effective in terms of engagement and fun, and finding ways to leverage those factors to increase motivation and drive organizational culture and social change.
In this session participants will explore the theoretical and application sides of gamification. You will examine examples of gamification that have worked in firms that don’t “play games.” You will learn how games can offer a new way of looking at training, extending performance support into the workplace. You will be provided with a framework you can use to design your own gamification solution, a GAME plan that will help you identify the relevant goals, audience, mechanics, and experiences.
In this session, you will learn:
- What is meant by gamification and how it differs from games
- Common elements of gamification, including points, badges, and leaderboards
- How gamification is tied to motivation and engagement
- How the acronym GAME (goals, audience, mechanics, experience) can be used to help guide a firm in designing gamified solutions
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager