- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Scaffolding Learning in the Ecosystem: Helping People Thrive
Ecosystem 2015 - March 25, 2015
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
L&D organizations are urged to cut back on formal solutions and enable learners to access resources and activities at the time of need. At the same time, managers and employees are not really prepared to manage their own development, despite the availability of vast resources and myriad tools. These clashing expectations may leave both learning leaders and the workforce disappointed with the state of affairs in workplace learning and development. The result may be inadequate or inefficient learning and weak performance.
In this session you will learn how complex learning needs can be effectively addressed through the deliberate design of a learning environment—a curated collection of resources and activities for learning related to a specific goal. You will explore a learning environment design framework that can help scaffold learners in accessing the resources that will support efficient and effective learning. You will leave this session with a process for envisioning, curating, and assembling relevant learning resources.
In this session, you will learn:
- The L&D team’s role in helping learners take advantage of the learning ecosystem
- The factors that indicate whether your target audience is ready for self-directed learning
- A learning environment design approach to supporting learning
- A means to scaffold learners who are unused to managing their own learning and development
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and VPs.
discussed in this session:
The functionality of a wide range of technologies will be discussed as potential components of a learning environment.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)
- Sr. Instructional Designer (eLearning Specialist)
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer