- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Workflow Performance Support to Replace or Enhance Traditional Training
Performance Support Symposium 2015 - June 10, 2015
Instructional Design Consultant
If you only have to perform a task once a year will you remember what you need to do from the 30 minute online course you took last year? Learning professionals are often asked by stakeholders to create an online course, and we often realize a course is not the best solution. We need to ensure that people can find the resources they need to successfully complete a task at the time they need to do it, and we need to make stakeholders understand this need as well.
In this session participants will learn how one organization was able to deliver work flow performance tools that gave workers what they needed to successfully complete tasks when and where they needed support. You will explore case studies examining how the organization was able to convince stakeholders that traditional training courses were not the best solution for the need. Participants will discover how performance support tools allowed workers to find the information they needed to know and receive support to complete the steps they needed to take.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to influence your stakeholders so they understand a performance support tool is the best solution
- How to author and host interactive performance support using common development resources
- Practical tips to create your own workflow performance support tool
- Different ways to balance performance support tools with formal (and trackable) training
Novice designers, developers, and managers
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline, SharePoint
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK