- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
From Seattle to Delhi: On-demand Performance Support Across Time and Space
Performance Support Symposium 2015 - June 10, 2015
Senior Training Manager
Global Learning & Development Manager
Subject matter experts have deep content knowledge, but too-often default to lecture-based methods of training delivery. This results in a poor learner experience during the session and rarely translates to an on-the-job behavior change as a result of these sessions. Even when SMEs are trained and motivated to design better learning experiences, they often reverted to lecture-based instructional techniques and one-off training interventions when they were called upon to deliver future training workshops.
In this session participants will explore a case study detailing SightLife‘s experience with a system designed to provide subject matter experts in our field offices with on-demand instructional design support. You will discover how this support has resulted in a sustained change in the way learning interventions are designed in SightLife‘s India-based field operations. You will leave this session able to identify transferable lessons that can be applied to your own situations and then develop a strategy to implement these lessons.
In this session, you will learn:
- Three lessons learned about what NOT to do when implementing a new performance support system
- Three key elements to a successful performance support system
- How to transfer SightLife‘s experience in performance support to your own context
- How to identify a variety of appropriate technologies (some low or no cost) in order to support performance across the globe
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)