- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Performance Support for Software Training: Beyond Bells and Whistles
Performance Support Symposium 2015 - June 12, 2015
Learning Technology Lead
Software training traditionally focuses on the new bells and whistles that justify the latest version. This does nothing to prepare users for daily work with the tool and it doesn‘t provide the support when they need it. Organizations need more than just software training in order to maximize capital investments in software.
In this session you will learn how a performance support approach can transform software training so that it is focused on what knowledge the learners need to do their job and makes it available when they need it. You will explore how to organize and present tasks that a user needs to complete. Participants will leave this session understanding how to plan and implement a performance support solution for software training.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why demonstrating the bells and whistles of a program is not effective
- How to organize and present the set of tasks that the user needs to do their jobs
- How to plan a performance support solution for software training
- How to implement a performance support solution for software training
Novice designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK