- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Talent Management Approach in Performance Support Strategy
Performance Support Symposium 2015 - June 12, 2015
Performance support is frequently addressed as an add-on solution or an adjunct to existing learning systems and processes based on a content-centric approach. This often leads to a disjointed user experience that in turn leads to lower rates of usage and poor return on investment.
In this session you will learn how to define and implement a performance support strategy by starting with the user experience and needs first and then identifying all opportunities for improvement and influence across a person’s career life cycle—from learning about your company during a job search and on-boarding into the company through continuous career growth and progression. You will explore the importance of the question “where is the user?” on a day to day basis and what their problems are long before the technical design stage. Participants will examine real techniques and processes and examples of end-to-end performance support solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How IBM uses their design thinking methodology to drive product and solution development from a user-centric approach
- How performance support can be integrated throughout the employment lifecycle
- How others are creating and implementing performance support strategies in multiple industries
- What lessons were learned, including hits and misses in initial strategies
Intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
IBM Smarter Workforce applications.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)