- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Micro-learning Video on the Go
mLearnCon 2015 - June 10, 2015
Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation
The idea of shooting video for training seems daunting to many learning professionals. Video is frequently seen as (and often is) an expensive solution in the enterprise. At the same time, video capture, creation, and editing capability is more affordable and readily available than ever. High definition videocameras, with very good optics, have become inexpensive. And as the quality of smartphone cameras continues to improve, good video capture devices are literally in the palm of our hands.
In this engaging session, participants will dissect the video production process into three simple steps. You’ll explore how video production is ultimately about the sequencing of assets in an interesting way, and how photos and short video segments captured with your smartphone can be used to produce surprisingly good products. You will examine a number of great tips for how we can use our smartphones to capture photos or video either planned or when inspiration strikes unexpectedly. You will leave this session ready to start creating micro-learning video, to go.
In this session, you will learn:
- The three phases of video production, and how the assets that go into production are important
- How to use your smartphone to capture high quality photo and video assets for video products
- The types of video products that are best when using handy mobile devices to capture key assets
- How to produce micro-learning video at little to no cost
- The key attributes of video that need to be considered when capturing assets for products
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Smartphone, smartphone camera, video editing software, Gorillapod, GorillaCam, OSnap! and other timelapse apps, and YouTube Capture and other video capture/editing apps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA