- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making It Meaningful: The Importance of Brain-based Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2015 - June 10, 2015
Training & Communications Consultant
WA Attorney General’s Office
Recent studies in the neuroscience of emotions reveal that there are connections between cognitive and emotional functions. In other words, training programs are more successful when they take into consideration the relationship between learning and emotions. Effective training and development changes the brain, and mobile training content needs to be inclusive of what is actually required for this change to occur. Mobile learning programs will be more effective, efficient, and successful when engaging, experiential brain-based activities are included.
In this session you will explore information and resources about the incorporation of brain-based approaches to developing mobile learning content. You will discover how this information will enhance the development and implementation of mLearning to create more effective, efficient successful training and learning activities. You will leave this session with tips and tools to begin your transition to a brain-based approach to mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The importance of moving from a content/information-driven approach to a learner-centered, brain-based approach to mLearning.
- Positive implications for developing content with the brain in mind
- Suggestions for a whole-brain approach to developing content
- Tips and tools for beginning the transition to a brain-based approach
- Ways to create content that excites and stimulates curiosity about information being learned
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers
discussed in this session:
A variety of tools and examples.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer