- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Component-based Architecture for mLearning with the xAPI
mLearnCon 2015 - June 10, 2015
While the popularity of mLearning has been growing, supports are needed to help trainers and educators discover apps and seamlessly integrate them into their curriculum and LMSs. At the same time, developers might find it problematic to use technologies like the xAPI due to the overhead required to adopt it in their apps and LMS systems.
In this session you will explore the challenges associated with the adoption of xAPI-ready mobile apps. You will examine key limitations to mobile app discovery in app stores. You will discuss how the above problems can be addressed by adapting xAPI solutions designed to support app discovery and overcome the technological challenges of integrating apps into the curriculum delivery. You will address issues that are vital for further development of the xAPI ecosystem as well as the integration of mobile learning apps using the xAPI.
In this session, you will learn:
- To evaluate the xAPI as a new standard for mLearning
- To explore technical and logistical challenges in the integration of mobile apps in the curriculum delivery and LMS platforms
- To identify the benefits and limitations of the proposed xAPI solution from the educator’s point of view
- To extend the xAPI to support mobile app integration
- The components required to integrate mobile apps into an LMS
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Proof-of-concept platform supporting app listing, discovery, and integration with LRS through key exchange protocol; Android and iOS sample apps that implement the xAPI and seamlessly integrate with an LRS.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK