- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The ABCs of the xAPI
mLearnCon 2015 - June 10, 2015
VP, Business Development
The Experience API (xAPI) has been in production for more than a year now, and it is becoming more important for training and development teams to learn the ABCs of this important new set of technologies and the approaches to learning tracking and reporting they provide. Heed the call of that morning school bell, and come ready to learn your ABCs.
In this session you will explore the ABCs of the xAPI. You will learn that A is for the attributes, as you discuss what the xAPI really is, how statements are generally structured, and the how it is being put into practice. You will examine why B is for benefits, as you explore how the xAPI is being leveraged by progressive organizations to improve the learning experience, streamline tracking, perform common tasks, and drive engagement. Finally you will discuss how C is for challenges, as you explore barriers organizations encounter, such as not having the right platforms, tools, practices, or mindset to take advantage of all the features and benefits the xAPI has to offer.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basic structure and tools that comprise the xAPI approach, including statement syntax, construction, and management
- Which platforms and tools are xAPI-ready and how they can be used in an existing learning environment
- When to use the xAPI over SCORM and whether they are mutually exclusive
- New use cases to apply tracking to non-traditional learning assignments and interactions
- New technical challenges to overcome with LMS integration, security, and mobile access
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
The Experience API.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA