- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
B.Y.O.L.: Audio for Mobile eLearning—Why Earbuds Make a Difference
mLearnCon 2015 - June 10, 2015
Industrial Strength Learning
You’ve just created a terrific training video for a mobile eLearning experience. The video is wonderful, the soundtrack is stellar, but the feedback you’re getting isn’t the greatest. Many members of your learning audience are telling you they’re having a hard time understanding what they’re seeing and hearing. After you’ve done a little research, you found out that a majority of the learners watching and interacting with your training content are viewing it on a tablet and listening through headphones or earbuds. You listened to the video through your own earbuds and are having a hard time hearing everything yourself! Why?
In this hands-on session, you will discover why a soundtrack designed for earbuds is different than a soundtrack designed for speakers. You will examine the differences in creating a voiceover, music, and sound effects soundtrack for listening through earbuds. You will explore how to tailor your soundtracks for earbud listening so that your learning audience can better understand what they’re hearing. You will experiment with different kinds of software for encoding your audio that can enhance your learners’ comprehension and understanding.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences in listening devices and what part of our audience uses different hearing devices
- The auditory differences between sounds outside your ear and inside your ear
- What software is best for forming your soundtrack for earbuds
- Best practices for evaluating audio and how to use the tools in your software to make your audio better
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Creative Cloud.
Laptop with Adobe Creative Cloud or at least Adobe Audition installed. Other audio software such as Sound Forge or Audacity will work as well.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development